VAMC Manchester, New Hampshire
Inspiring Hope and Healing
The Manchester VAMC Chaplain Service is committed to care for America’s Veterans, family members and staff. Our chaplain staff accomplish this by providing exceptional patient-driven spiritual care. Spiritual care is an integral component of holistic care. Chaplains can provide or facilitate pastoral care for people of all religions or faith traditions, as well as those who have no faith preference or religious affiliation.
The primary roles for Department of Veterans Affairs hospital chaplains are to:
- Ensure that Veteran patients (both inpatient and outpatient) receive appropriate clinical pastoral care as desired or requested by the Veteran;
- To ensure that hospital, domiciliary and nursing home patients’ constitutional right to free exercise of religion is protected. What this means is that it is the Veteran's choice as to whether to meet with a chaplain or any religious person;
- To protect patients from having religion imposed on them;
- It is always the Veteran's choice.
- Chaplain coverage is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, particularly in urgent situations or emergencies:
- During regular business hours (08:00-16:30), call Chaplain Services directly: Dial: (603) 624-4366 Ext. 6185 or 2159.
- After hours (16:30-08:00), contact the operator: Dial: (603) 624-4366 Press “O” for Operator and ask for the “on-call chaplain.”
If you desire to contact a member of your local clergy, the chaplain can help you arrange that visit.
Religious or spiritual literature will be provided to you at your request.
A chapel and a Blessed Sacrament Room are available at our facility:
- The Chapel at the Manchester VAMC – Located in the main hospital building, 2nd floor, to the left as you exit the elevator and all the way down the hallway on your left. It is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The Blessed Sacrament Room is located in the main hospital building, 2nd floor, to the left as you exit the elevator and all the way down the hallway on your right just before the chapel entrance. It is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Weekday Worship Services
Tuesday & Thursday
Chapel, Main Building, Floor 2.
Chaplain Service 125
718 Smyth Rd
Manchester, New Hampshire 03104
- 603-624-4366 Ext. 6185
- 603-624-4366 Ext. 2159
Hours of Operation
- 8:30am - 4:30 pm